December 28, 2008

Just so you know,

my poems have been not so good lately because Joshua told me to write twenty poems before I go to Colorado. I go to Colorado tomorrow. I have six poems. The next poem I write will hopefully be about the Doppler Effect. I've been trying to write a poem about the Doppler Effect for weeks now. I've decided I'm going to start writing normal things (things like this, things like the thing I am writing) in here because sometimes I think normal thoughts, not always poem-thoughts. I can't wait until Colorado. I will climb mountains.

This week I read this


many times over.

The great mouth of the west hangs open,
mountain incisors beginning to bite
into the pink flesh of the sundown.
The end of another day
in this floating dream of a life.
Renown is a mouthful, here and there.


(sometimes it is almost perfect)

3 comments:

thisuglysweater said...

charles wright writes
pretty things sometimes.
so do you. sometimes.

Erin said...

RYAN?
LUV U.

jon-michael said...

ah ha! it has come to me at 3:30am!

it is because of the Doppler effect
that you
can
separate in waves
and i can
piece you
in my
ears.